Paying for College

Check out the following opportunities to obtain financial aid at Piedmont Community College:

Federal Pell Grant: Awards are based on financial need. A recipient must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Apply online at Awards are based on two semesters of attendance per academic year. For information call the Financial Aid Office at 336-599-1181, ext. 4004.

Important Information for Pell Grant Recipients Beginning Fall Semester 2012

In December 2011, President Obama signed into law the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2012 (Public Law 112-74). This law significantly impacts Federal Student Aid Programs.

One of the most significant changes is Federal Pell Grant Duration of Eligibility. The law reduces the duration of a student's eligibility to receive a Federal Pell Grant to 12 full-time semesters (or it's equivalent). This provision applies to all Pell Grant eligible students effective the 2012/13 academic year. The calculation of the duration of the student's eligibility will include all years, no matter how far in the past, that the student has received Federal Pell Grant funding. Therefore, every semester that a student has received Pell Grant funding will count toward the semester limit. Students that have attended at less than full-time status in the past or at present will be assessed accordingly.

Students may view their Pell Grant eligibility by logging into

North Carolina Community College Grant Program: These state funds provide up to $2,370 per year based on student need. Apply by filling out the FAFSA. 

Piedmont Community College Foundation Scholarships: The Piedmont Community College Foundation awards approximately 110 scholarships annually to deserving students. Scholarships are awarded based on academic standing and financial need. For more information on available scholarships go to our Student Opportunities page or contact the Foundation office at 336 599-1181, ext. 2102.

Golden L.E.A.F. Scholars Program:  Awards are made based on financial need and merit guidelines. Please check for eligible counties. Curriculum students may receive up to $750 per semester. Occupational Extension students may receive up to $250 per semester. For more information contact the Financial Aid Office at the Person County Campus or call 
336-599-1181, ext. 4004 or visit

North Carolina Education Lottery Scholarship (ESL): These grants will range from $100 to $2,950 for the year. Apply by filling out the Free Application for Federal Aid (FAFSA).

Targeted Assistance Programs: These funds are available for students who enroll in the programs listed below. Funds are meant to help students who do not qualify for federal pell grants, but who demonstrate financial need.  Up to $750 per semester may be awarded for curriculum programs and up to $300 for continuing education programs.

Curriculum Programs
Computer Technology Integration
Electrical Power Production Technology
Electrical Systems
Human Services
Human Services-SS Concentration
Industrial Systems Technology
Medical Assisting

Continuing Education Programs
Advanced Manufacturing (CPT)
BioWorks Technician
Construction Trades
Industrial Programs
Logistics (CLT)

North Carolina Model Teacher
Consortium: Reduced tuition, full payment of fees, and assistance with textbooks are available to employees of the Person County or Caswell County boards of education who are interested in becoming teachers and who enroll in university-transfer courses at PCC. Services are contingent upon funding by the North Carolina Legislature. Call the Consortium at 919-843-6733 or visit their website for the latest information.

Veterans Benefits: If you are a veteran of military service, you may be eligible for special benefits. For more information contact the Financial Aid Office at the Person County Campus or call 336-599-1181, ext. 2108.

Please visit the Financial Aid Office for additional financial aid opportunities.