Alumnus of the Year applications for the 2017 award are being accepted through March 10, 2017! Do you someone who meets the below criteria? If so, nominate him/her for PCC's Alumnus of the Year award!
• Completed a degree, diploma, or certificate program at Piedmont Community College
• Demonstrates support to the College through monetary contributions and/or volunteer service
• Has achievement in his/her profession
• Has outstanding service in civic/community affairs
• Complete an application and submit to Piedmont Community College Alumni Partnership, P. O. Box 1197, Roxboro, NC 27573 by the March 10 deadline.
• Nomination forms (click here) must be accompanied by supporting information including a maximum of three letters of recommendation, and the biographical information form (click here) completed by the nominee.
• Every complete nomination package is presented to the Awards Committee of the Alumni Partnership.
• Only complete nomination packages will be considered.
• The committee reviews the nominees and selects the recipients.
• The recipient and nominator are contacted to determine their availability to attend the President’s Club social and Alumni Social.
• The recipient will be asked to speak briefly at the graduation ceremony in May.
2016 - Former Piedmont Community College Student Ambassador and founding member of the PCC Alumni Partnership, Alan Duncan, was recognized as the 2016 Alumnus of Year during a ceremony held on Friday, April 1 at the Kirby Cultural Arts Complex. Full Story
2015 - Recognized for her professional achievements, community service, and continued support of Piedmont Community College, Sharon Womack was named the 2015 Alumnus of the Year by Piedmont Community College’s Alumni Partnership. The ceremony took place at the Kirby Gallery on April 10 during the PCC Student Art reception sponsored by the PCC Foundation. Full Story | Event Photos
2014 - No one was more surprised than Mindy Moore Satterfield to hear her own name called as the Piedmont Community College (PCC) Alumni Partnership's "Alumnus of the Year." After being presented the award by PCC Alumni Partnership chair Shirley Deal, a stunned Satterfield confessed, "But I was on the selection committee," not knowing that the meeting she attended was merely a sham designed to surprise the read award recipient. And it worked! The award was presented on April 3 during the annual opening of the PCC student art exhibit at the Kirby Gallery in uptown Roxboro. Full Story | Event Photos
2013 - Tom Bowen was selected as the "2013 Alumnus of the Year". The award was presented by Dr. Walter Bartlett, PCC President, at the Kirby Gallery on April 18, 2013. Bowen is employed as IT manager at AW North Carolina. Full Story| Event Photos
2012 - April Duckworth and Carla Johnson
were selected as the "2012 Alumnus of the Year". The award was presented by Dr. Walter Bartlett, PCC President, at the
Kirby Gallery on April 3, 2012 during the opening reception for an exhibition
of artwork by students in PCC programs. Both Duckworth and Johnson are
employed as family therapists-parent educators with the Person County
Government Cooperative Extension Office. Full Story | Event Photos
- Shirley Deal
was selected as the "2011 Alumnus of the Year". Dr. Walter Bartlett, PCC President, remarked as he presented the award to Deal..."She has always been an outstanding ambassador for the College. She never misses an opportunity to tell people that she would not have been able to get her education had it not been for PCC. She credits the College with giving her the knowledge to have excelled in her profession. As already noted, her community service is outstanding. I cannot begin to say enough about her support of the College through advocacy and advisory roles." Enjoy photos from this event on the PCC Foundation/Alumni Photo Page