The PCC Foundation was created for the sole purpose of providing support for PCC students and College programs and activities which enhance the quality of education and expand educational opportunities. In keeping with this goal, the PCC Foundation is proud to recognize excellence among PCC Faculty and Staff members each year.
Excellence in Teaching
The PCC Faculty Excellence Award is given to recognize excellence in the application of principles proven to promote student learning and success. Activities that exemplify established principles of learning applied in innovative and creative learning projects are preferred. Awards are given to those applicants who demonstrate that they meet the needs of students with varied learning styles through the documentation of increased student learning.
Awards and Criteria
- Awards are open to faculty members who have been employed with the College for two or more years.
- Full-time faculty are eligible for a $3,000 or $1,000 award.
- Curriculum part-time faculty are eligible for a $1,000 award.
- Faculty members receiving a $3,000 award are not eligible to apply the following two academic years.
- A maximum of three (3) $3,000 awards and five (5) $1,000 awards will be presented.
- All award recipients receive half of the cash award for personal use and half for program expenses.
- All items bought with the program funds must be approved through the Foundation Office and are the property of PCC.
Excellence in Service
The PCC Staff Excellence Award is given to identify, reward and encourage excellent performance and commitment to Piedmont Community College by the non-teaching staff member. Awards are made in two categories – 1) Support, Technical/Para-Professional and Service/Maintenance (OCR CODE 4, 5 or 6) and 2) Professional (OCR CODE 3).
Awards and Criteria
- Awards are open to any permanent staff member, full-time or part-time, who has been employed with the College for two or more years.
- Applicants may be nominated by a supervisor, co-worker or themselves.
- Recipients are not eligible to apply the following two academic years.
- Each recipient will receive a $1,500 award.
- All award recipients receive half of the cash award for personal use and half for job related expenses.
- All items bought with the job related funds must be approved through the Foundation Office and are the property of PCC.
Find out more about how excellence funds can be used. For additional information about the Faculty and Staff Excellence Program, contact the Foundation Office at (336) 599-1181, ext. 2103.