This program prepares students to become a certified EKG Technician. Students will learn the anatomy and physiology of the heart, including the electrical conduction system and how it affects heart function. This course also covers the cardiac cycle, common artifacts, and cardiac terminology. Students will also learn how to prepare patients, properly place leads, as well as mount and run an EKG strip correctly. This program will prepare students for the Certified EKG Technician (CET) Exam through the National Healthcareer Association (NHA).
CLASS SCHEDULE OFFERING:
Registration begins July 1st
5:30 – 9 p.m.
- *High School Diploma/High School Equivalency diploma
- *CPR card for Healthcare Providers
1. $188, Registration fee and Student Liability Fee. This amount is due at time of registration.
2. $1.25, Optional Student Accident Insurance paid with registration fee when requested by the
3. $97.14, Textbook. Contact the Bookstore on the Person County Campus at (336) 322-2339.
Textbooks will be available on the Caswell County Campus for purchase on the first day
of classes only.
4. $35, NHA Online Practice Exam purchased directly from NHA using credit/debit card. Piedmont Community College will invoice third-party sponsors who are providing payment for students.
5. $11.69, Rapid-Cardiac Universal Badge (R-CAT). R-CAT Badge can be purchased from the
Bookstore or anywhere EKG supplies are sold.
6. $115, NHA EKG Technician Board Exam. This fee is paid directly to NHA on the date of
testing. Students must successfully complete the class before registering for the exam.
The exam will be held on the Caswell County Campus.
To register, contact Lori Watlington at (336) 694-8080 or by email at Lori.Watlington@piedmontcc.edu.
HOW TO REGISTER
Submit registration form and payment using our Secure Registration Form.
Register in the Workforce Development office on the Caswell or Person County Campus.
By Mail: PCC
Return a Continuing Education Registration form with payment to:
ATTN: Lori Watlington
PO Box 1150
Yanceyville, NC 27379