The full 16-week BioWork Process Technician course will begin August 23. Classes will meet each Wednesday and Thursday from 4-6 p.m. on PCC’s Person County Campus. This course will include classroom and online instruction will offer the following instruction:
• Your New Job
• Working Safely
• Measuring Process Variables
• Transforming Matter (Chemistry)
• Learning the Nuts & Bolts
• Controlling the Process
• Sterile Processes (Microbiology)
• Growing Living Cells (Cell Biology)
• Job Seeking Skills
What Can I do with the Skills I Learn at PCC?
Bioprocess technicians are involved in the making of products such as antibiotics, bleach, cosmetics, deodorant, detergents, paint, plastics, Post-It notes, shampoo, and soft drinks.
North Carolina ranks number three in the nation in the number of biotechnology companies. According to a report by the NC Biotechnology Center, jobs in the pharmaceutical industry are among the highest paid manufacturing jobs in the state. Earnings vary based on skill and experience, but the average salary is $15 per hour. Job titles include:
• Bioprocess Manufacturing Technician
• Aseptic Manufacturing Technician
• Manufacturing Preparation Technician
• Formulation and Fill Technician
• Packaging Technician
• Process Technician
• Manufacturing Associate
• Chemical Equipment Operator
• Chemical Plant and System Operator
To get started on your career, contact PCC’s Workforce Development Team at (336) 322-2156 or the Workforce Training Center at (336) 599-4620. Financial assistance is available to qualified unemployed, underemployed, and economically distressed individuals.