These FREE classes will:

Need a laptop or hotspot to enroll? Call (336) 322-2480 to get a loaner this semester.


Adult Basic Education (ABE)

  • FREE instruction in basic reading, writing, and math (pre-reading skills through pre-GED® skills) to prepare you for high school-level work.
  • Minors, aged 16-17, may enroll if entrance criteria are met.

Adult Secondary Education (ASE)

  • High school equivalency test prep for HiSET® and GED® tests.
  • Addresses language arts, reading & writing, math, social studies, and science.
  • Provides Career Ready™ access to prepare for Work Keys® testing.

Basic Skills Plus (BS+)

  • Allows students enrolled in high school equivalency instruction to also enroll at the same time in career pathway courses (college courses, employability skills training, specific occupational training). College courses are free to BS+ students while also attending College & Career Readiness classes.
  • Students who meet reading and math level requirements are eligible.  
  • Graduate with high school equivalency, college credit, and occupational certification!
  • Tuition waiver for college and/or occupational courses on a limited basis.


Minors, ages 16-17, are eligible to enroll in College & Career Readiness classes and participate in GED® testing or HiSET® testing if they meet the enrollment criteria as follows:

  • The student’s previous school completes a College & Career Readiness Referral form. The form must be signed by the high school superintendent and the minor has been out of school for less than six (6) months.
  • Once the College & Career Readiness office receives the referral form, an appointment is set for the minor to attend the required orientation. The parent or a legal guardian must also attend the first hour of the orientation session. The parent or legal guardian must complete and have notarized a Guardian Release form. PCC offers free notary services for this form.

Enrollment into College & Career Readiness to prepare for HiSET® or GED® testing requires:

  • Valid, government-issued photo ID and a social security number to participate in orientation and the program.
  • US Tax ID number if social security number is not available.